Monday 30 March 2015

[Movie Review] Oru Vadakkan Selfie

1







'Oru Vadakkan Selfie'. The name itself can give you the whole theme of the film. It all starts with a selfie. I watched this one with my friends and so it couldn't have gone better.

Directed by Prajith Karanavar, this film stars Nivin Pauly, Aju Varghese, Manjima Mohan, Neeraj Madhav, Vineeth Sreenivasan and many such striking actors. As I said earlier the whole plot starts with a selfie. Umesh (Nivin Pauly) is far below average engineering student or in other words, he flunks every exam. He has got two besties, Shaji (Aju) and Thankaprasad (Neeraj) who are worse than him. When Umesh sees his new neighbour Daisy (Manjima), he falls in love with her. Faith brings Umesh and Daisy together only to cause much greater havoc. When Daisy goes missing, the society turns against Umesh saying he's the traitor. Against all odds, Umesh decides to bring her back and clear his name. 

The whole movie is a potpourri of Thalassery and Chennai. One side you will find the down to earth city with its own culture, politics and society and the other side, you will find the growing market of film industries and urban lifestyle. The first half was unbearably hilarious with Shaji's slapstick comedies and Umesh's attitude against everything. The next half focuses on the plot and gets a bit serious but the comedies do come and go. The movie is a good watch with some major twists and focuses more on youth with numerous references to social media and stuffs. I couldn't say the film blew my mind or anything but it wasn't a waste of money either. I enjoyed it with my friends. Hope you enjoy it too. Thanks for reading... 


1 comment:

  1. I’m From Tamil Nadu, I like Malayalam Movies very much, in contrast I heard many Malayalam people like VIJAY, AJITH, SURYA, ALLU ARJUN. Tollywood is completely opposite to molly wood, whereas kolly wood is mixture of both the tolly wood and molly wood. Movies Made by Malayalam Industries are heart warming and life oriented, where you can at least learn something for your Life. I wish People from Malayalam film industry release their movies in Tamil with subtitles so that it will reach wider audience. Because artistic work should reach more people in the world. I used to read all the latest Kerala News in Malayalam From this site, check it , would be useful.

    ReplyDelete