Friday 6 March 2015

[Book Review] Angels and Demons

0







When I saw two copies of 'Da Vinci Code' lying perfectly well on the book shelf of the central library in my college, I immediately wanted to read it again as I had read it so young that I could possibly have understood nothing. So I took it thinking that I can finish it off fastly and move on to its sequel 'Angels and Demons' (that's what I thought...sequel?..what was I thinking.. honestly I didn't know). When I got home did I realise that I had it all upside-down. Actually, 'Angels and Demons' was the first book in Robert Langdon series (silly me..in my defense Dan Brown should have atleast numbered.. ) and so I began "Angels and Demons". 

This book by Dan Brown belongs to the genre mystery-thriller and describes a day in the life of Robert Langdon, a Harward professor of religious iconology. When Langdon learns of the rise of the secret brotherhood Illuminati whose vendetta against their sworn enemy the Catholic Church and the mysterious past, things start to become bitter and gruesome. Along with Vittoria Vetra, a renowned scientist, Langdon tries to stop the greatest invention from becoming the greatest cause for destruction. 

This one was like the rest of Dan Brown's creations. Simply fantastic. The factual details coupled with some fictional ideas was highly interesting and exhilarating to read. I really liked the ambigrams and I did spent a few minutes looking at the intricate details given to the design. Loved that idea. Gladly looking forward to the rest of Robert Langdon series. (By the way, I gave back 'Da Vinci Code' for my college library's annual stock or something like that so I hope it will be there waiting for me once the stock whatever is over). 

                                                                                                                                                                   

0 comments:

Post a Comment