Saturday 21 February 2015

[Book Review] 2 States

0







"2 States" landed into my reading list purely because of one of my sweet friend. I am not a Chetan Bhagat fan or anything but I decided to try it as it was her own book and hence I was free to return it anytime. This is his second book that I have read and for me, this one was far better than 'Five Point Someone'. This has some more content and is good if you want to know why marriages in India are so complicated. 

Romantic novel with a tinge of comedy is what I would say of "2 States". Punjabi born Krish Malhotra finds Ananya Swaminathan, an irresistible Tamilian girl at his college of remarkably brilliant students aka nerds. When these two are all ready to get married having got the best jobs, they face an important and equally hard task of uniting their parents from two different states. From Delhi to Chennai, the love story of these two takes a long and tiring journey to unite as one. 

This one also had the usual Chetan Bhagat spices and the writing was simple. It felt like the usual and casual dialogues which reign in our society and this casualness was interesting to read. There were slight lack of logicality like why do Punjabis need to talk in English when they are attending family marriages without any foreign parties. But they are insignificant I admit. The best thing about this book is that it made me smile and sometimes even laugh through its situational comedy and for that I would like to thank Chetan Bhagat. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment