Monday 22 May 2017

[Book Review] Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

0






72193



J K Rowling's first book in Harry Potter series is quite a fast paced journey to Hogwarts all the way from his lonely life at Privet Drive.Harry's first year gives him a second home, good friends, some dangerous enemies and a magical world. 

Rowling's writing style is simple and funny in this one. There were times I really smiled reading it. When compared to the movie version I would say the movie was better as they had eliminated some unnecessary bits and added a few interesting ones. Eliminations and additions did turn sour at some parts but that was rare and I still prefer movie to the book. I certainly did enjoy reading this light one and it was fun to trace it with the movie one. If you are planning to read Harry Potter, I'd recommend you to read the entire one after the other till 7th book. After reading this series in a jumbled way, I sure do wish I had got all the books at the beginning itself. Anyway, this one is a great read for one time and if you are not into reading, at least, go watch the movies. :) 


0 comments:

Post a Comment