Friday 17 April 2015

[Movie Review] The Theory of Everything

0







It wasn't the fact that this movie is life of the great physicist Stephen Hawking nor was the truth that the lead actor has won the Oscar for his splendid performance as the scientist that made me watch this film. It was the poster. The poster made me see this film. The way Jane and Stephen Hawking held hands and the poster caught the movement when they twirled with joy. And it was upside down that made it even attractive. So good... 

Moving onto the movie. 'The Theory of Everything' is the life story of the physicist who has astonished the world with his mind. Directed by James Marsh and adapted from Jane Hawking's memoir "Travelling To Infinity: My Life with Stephen", this movie revolves around Stephen's Cambridge days to the time when he became the world's most renowned scientist of all time despite his motor neuron disease. Eddie Redmayne was not acting at all, he was becoming Stephen Hawking every single minute. There were times when I thought am I seeing a younger Stephen Hawking? No wonder he got the Oscar. Felicity Jones did a fine job of Jane Hawking. Charlie Cox adorned his role as Jonathan quite well. 

As a life story, the movie was intriguing and fast paced but if we look at it just as a movie then it's lacking the point of keeping the viewers glued. There were a few jokes to lighten the plot but the seriousness prevailed throughout. When I said the movie was fast paced, I literally mean it. His life events were depicted so fast that halfway into this movie I thought what the hell are they going to go on with?! It's almost done. But at the end I was satisfied with this movie. After all, I got to know a Brief History of Stephen Hawking's life. Loved the tag line too: His mind changed our world. Her love changed his. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment