Sunday 28 September 2014

Handmade Earrings

0






Everyone loves earrings for sure. I mean everyone..even the boys. It has become a trend of their new lifestyle, but for girls, it has been going on for centuries I guess.

Recently I came across earrings like those (on top), which look quite simple yet beautiful. If you buy these from shops, they are most likely to cost around 10 to 15 rupees. The interesting thing I found from my cousin's is that now the materials used for making these are available in shops. This only means one thing.. You can create your own designs :)
Even though the earrings look quite hard to make, the steps for making these lovely ones are really simple. With right tools and little patience you can also make them. The "earring making" set mainly contains a long needle like tool which is used for rolling the strips of paper, a super glue for sticking those metal hooks with the paper strips, a fevicol, different kinds of hooks and finally extra items like small beads and stickers for added beauty. The set costs 100 rupees (a bit expensive) but we can make around ten to fifteen pairs.

One usually finds these crafty items and ideas when we are bored to that level, which we cannot express through words. I too found this during my gap year before joining the college. I must say this is an excellent way to kill time and make something useful for yourself or your friends whom you often remember after leaving your school years behind.

And so I decided to try my hands on these and this is what I ended up with. The only thing I didn't like was that the set contained very lousy strips of colours and because of this I couldn't get the exact colour as my dress but still it is better than nothing.
                                                        
                                                                                                           


                                        

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment